ABOUT THE COMPANY
We simplify the adoption of geospatial data to understand the world better and to enable people to act in an aware and timely manner, to live better, and preserve the Earth.
Planetek Italia operates in many fields of application ranging from environmental and land monitoring to open-government and smart cities, including defense and security as well as scientific missions and planetary exploration.
We provide solutions and products for Earth observation with satellite, aircraft, and drone data. We deal with the continuous monitoring with satellite data of Earth’s surface, infrastructures, worksites, urban dynamics, or marine coastal areas in support of decision-making and operational activities. We develop on-board software for satellites and data processing solutions for ground segment infrastructures. Our involvement in research and development activities supports the human exploration of the solar system. We develop Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) in compliance with INSPIRE as well as solutions for Smart City and complex systems to support decisions that exploit geographic information and Earth observation data, according to the new paradigms of Cloud and Software As a Service.
Planetek develops and integrates hardware and software infrastructures for the acquisition, processing, and distribution of remote sensing data along their entire chain of production: from Earth Observation to Deep Space; from the Space Segment to the Ground Segment and the User Segment.
THE CHALLENGE OF A “SOFTWARE ENGINEER” AT PLANETEK ITALIA
You will make a difference through involvement in full-stack software engineering. You will be part of a team that loves to have fun, be innovative and do well in all areas of the organization. You will enjoy flexible working arrangements. You will have autonomy.
At Planetek Italia the software engineers are responsible, among other duties, for developing and designing back-end and front-end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications, and working for web design features. Full Stack Developers will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
Your duties will include:
- To be involved in every aspect of the application development process, from early design to testing and launch of the product;
- Contributing to the design and development of the frontend/backend of the application through Single Page Application and microservices;
- Defining the structure of the database, design and develop the API to operate on it, including creating specific server-side domain functionality;
- Performing technical analyses for the development of new features;
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications;
- Working for web design features;
- Interacting with clients and stakeholders;
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product;
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs;
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
YOUR PROFILE, BACKGROUND, AND EXPERTISE
Our successful candidate is a dedicated team player, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills, solid ability in both written and verbal communication, attention to detail, proactivity. An appreciated characteristic is the ability to think outside the box and explore new avenues with natural curiosity and a passion for new subjects and research areas.
You have previous professional experience in a similar role with skills in the following fields:
- A technical degree (Computer Engineering, Computer Science or any other STEM discipline);
- Knowledge and experience in programming applications;
- Experience with Object-Oriented programming using SOLID principles and patterns;
- Proficiency with REST and microservices architectural pattern;
- Familiarity with Angular framework;
- Proficiency with Java language;
- Proficiency with ORM framework like Hibernate;
- Proficiency with Spring framework and, in particular, of Spring BOOT;
- Proficiency with GIT;
- Familiarity with relational database technology such as PostgreSQL or MySQL;
- Mastery of both Italian and English languages.
Also appreciated knowledge and experience in:
- NoSQL database like, for examples, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch;
- ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack;
- Python language;
- Docker technology and swarm and/or Kubernetes;
- Spring Security, Spring Batch, Spring Data;
- SCRUM methodology.
AN IMPORTANT POINT
At Planetek Italia results are more important than time and our respect for people takes priority over their skills. Passion and responsibility are the qualities we value in our employees while ethics, professionalism, and availability are the elements that distinguish our work philosophy.
Choose us if you think that a company like Planetek offers you the opportunity to work with enthusiasm and if you believe you can make an important contribution toward developing a strategic segment for our company. We are looking for people who bring ideas to the table, aren’t afraid to take initiative, can offer a helping hand to their colleagues when it's needed, provide thought leadership on innovations in EO, and care deeply about our values and philosophies.
Your office will be located in Bari, Italy but remote activity is also provided.
WHAT WE OFFER
We know that great results can’t be achieved without a phenomenal team. We always look for the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and contributes to innovation.
We believe our people should continuously acquire knowledge and skills, so we are willing to provide you with everything that can help you grow: books, workshops, conferences, and training. Once we get to know each other, we will define your salary package together while also considering your needs.
What we can promise is opportunities, it will be up to you to make the most of them.
WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
Tell us who you are, what you've accomplished so far in your career, and what your goals are for the near future.
Along with your CV, please provide us with a short note in reply to the following two questions:
- Why would you like to bet on a SME like Planetek Italia?
- Why should we bet on you?
Write us, exclusively in English at selezione. sw. eng @ planetek.it (remove blank spaces). If your profile matches the one we’re looking for, we will contact you to get to know you better.
Please use the following reference in the subject of your email: Ref. Software Engineer Recruiting