ABOUT THE COMPANY
We simplify the adoption of geospatial data to understand better the world and enable people to act in an aware and timely manner to live better and preserve the Earth.
Planetek Italia operates in many fields of application ranging from environmental and land monitoring to open-government and smart cities, including defense and security as well as scientific missions and planetary exploration.
We provide solutions and products for Earth observation with satellite, aircraft, and drone data. We deal with the continuous monitoring with satellite data of Earth’s surface, infrastructures, worksites, urban dynamics, or marine coastal areas in support of decision-making and operational activities. We develop on-board software for satellites and data processing solutions for ground segment infrastructures. Our involvement in research and development activities supports the human exploration of the solar system. We develop Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) in compliance with INSPIRE as well as solutions for Smart City and complex systems to support decisions that exploit geographic information and Earth observation data, according to the new paradigms of Cloud and Software As a Service.
Our focus on innovation has recently generated Rheticus®, a cloud platform designed to provide accurate data and real-time information about our changing world for the public and private sectors working to preserve our planet and improve the quality of our lives. This new type of service has led to a decisive transformation of the business model in geo-information services and today represents the synthesis of Planetek Italia’s skills and ability in producing high value-added services.
THE CHALLENGE OF A “GEOSERVICES TECHNICAL SPECIALIST” AT PLANETEK ITALIA.
As GEOSERVICES TECHNICAL SPECIALIST your mission will be the development of innovative applications and services to support geospatial/remote sensing projects which require the understanding and elaboration of remote sensing data by sing EO/GIS software or developing ad-hoc tools.
We are seeking self-starting individuals with a “can-do” attitude who can adapt to a fluid work environment and a high demanding schedule. In return, you will be able to be part of a motivated, highly skilled team and will be able to contribute to the growth and positive direction of our company.
- Provide expert level of technical capabilities to document and manage project tasks, identify and manage/mitigate project risks, in order to bring assigned projects to completion on time, within cost, and within specifications;
- Establishing appropriate project/task/deliverable reviews and oversight to ensure technical quality, product delivery and impactful work;
- Prepare the technical proposals for the tenders;
- Prepare and deliver all reports on time;
- Interact with a variety of stakeholders and partners to ensure projects activities.
- Consistent understanding of GIS and EO concepts, such as projections, data management, formats and metadata;
- Demonstrable knowledge of GIS and EO techniques for processing and analyzing geospatial datasets, in particular satellite derived imagery;
- Experience with EO / GIS software applications, such as ERDAS Imagine, QGIS and ArcGIS;
- Scripting programs and spatial libraries, in particular, but not limited to Python and R;
- Experience in communicating and coordinating effectively with a variety of stakeholders and partners;
- Expertise in preparing publications, technical reports, and technical offers for participation in tenders;
- Capability to work on your own initiative as well as within a team and to make a contribution into applied techniques and processes;
- An essential condition is also the mastery of English and Italian languages.
ANOTHER IMPORTANT POINT
At Planetek Italia results are more important than time and our respect for people takes priority over their skills. Passion and responsibility are the qualities we value in our employees while ethics, professionalism, and availability are the elements that distinguish our work philosophy.
Choose us if you think that a company like Planetek offers you the opportunity to work with enthusiasm and if you believe you can make an important contribution toward developing a strategic segment for our company.
Your office will be located in Bari, Italy but remote activity is also provided. You can also travel around Europe.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Planetek Italia, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate.
We believe our people should continuously acquire knowledge and skills, so we are willing to provide you with everything that can help you grow: books, workshops, conferences, and training. Once we get to know each other, we will define your salary package together while also considering your needs.
OK, ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Tell us who you are, what you've accomplished so far in your career and what your goals are for the near future.
Along with your CV, please provide us with a short note in reply to the following two questions:
- Why would you like to bet on innovative SMEs like Planetek?
- Why should Planetek bet on you?
Write us, exclusively in English, at geoservices.specialist @ planetek.it (copy and remove blank spaces from the email adress).
If your profile matches the one we’re looking for, we will contact you to get to know you better. Rif. Subject: GeoServices Technical Specialist.