We simplify the adoption of geospatial data to enable people to act in an aware and timely manner, in order to live better and preserve the Earth.
Planetek Italia operates in many fields of application ranging from environmental and land monitoring to open-government and smart cities, engineering, utilities, agriculture, defence and security, as well as satellite missions and planetary exploration.
We provide solutions and products for Earth observation with satellite, aircraft and drone data. We deal with the continuous monitoring with satellite data of Earth's surface, infrastructures, worksites, urban dynamics, or marine coastal areas in support of decision-making and operational activities. We develop on-board software for satellites and data processing solutions for ground segment infrastructures. Our involvement in research and development activities supports the human exploration of the solar system. We develop Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) in compliance with INSPIRE as well as solutions for Smart City and complex systems to support decisions that exploit geographic information and Earth observation data, according to the new paradigms of Cloud and Software As a Service.
Our focus on innovation has recently generated Rheticus®, a cloud platform designed to provide accurate data and real-time information about our changing world for the public and private sectors working to preserve our planet and improve the quality of our lives. This new type of service has led to a decisive transformation of the business model in geo-information services and today represents the synthesis of Planetek Italia's skills and ability to produce high-value-added services.
THE CHALLENGE OF AN "AGRICULTURAL GEOSERVICES SPECIALIST" AT PLANETEK ITALIA
Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems are valuable tools for decision-makers in agricultural supply chain and forestry activities, supporting the analysis and forecasting of crops and plants. The agricultural sector is of great importance in defining the socio-economic policies for governing the territory. It is, therefore, essential to equip oneself with analysis tools that allow one to know the territory in depth, taking into account the complex relationships between its elements.
Satellite remote sensing and Geographic Information Systems constitute a valid support tool as, on the one hand, they allow the collection of territorial data in a logical and structured way and, on the other, they allow to establish analysis methodologies for the planning of interventions.
Planetek develops remote sensing technologies applied to precision agriculture, believing and investing heavily in the potential of this sector.
As AGRICULTURAL GEOSERVICES SPECIALIST, your mission will be the development of innovative applications and services to support geospatial/remote sensing projects focused on the agricultural market, which require the understanding and elaboration of remote sensing data by using EO/GIS software or developing ad-hoc tools.
The ability to retrieve remote sensed data taken on agricultural areas, identify the proper methodologies to get meaningful information to support agro-practices, and exploit them in decision support systems within precision agriculture workflows represent what we are looking for in our ideal candidate.
We are seeking self-starting individuals with a "can-do" attitude who can adapt to a fluid work environment and a high demanding schedule. In return, you will be able to be part of a motivated, highly skilled team and will be able to contribute to the growth and positive direction of our company.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Provide expert level of technical capabilities to execute and document project tasks, identify and manage/mitigate risks, in order to bring assigned activities to completion on time, within cost, and within specifications;
- Establishing appropriate project/task/deliverable reviews and oversight to ensure technical quality, product delivery and impactful work;
- Contribute to preparation of technical proposals for the tenders;
- Prepare and deliver all reports on time;
- Interact with a variety of stakeholders and partners to ensure projects activities.
YOUR BACKGROUND AND EXPERTISE
- Demonstrable background in agronomy;
- Consistent understanding of GIS and EO concepts, such as projections, data management, formats and metadata;
- Demonstrable experience of GIS and EO techniques for processing and analyzing geospatial datasets, in particular for studies and/or applications related to agronomy;
- Experience with EO / GIS software applications, such as ERDAS Imagine, SNAP, QGIS and ArcGIS;
- Capabilities in scripting programs and spatial libraries, in particular, but not limited to Python;
- Capability to work on your own initiative as well as within a team and to make a contribution into applied techniques and processes;
- Ability to communicate effectively to promote innovative services to potential customers / users;
- An essential condition is also the mastery of English. Good knowledge of Italian language is also required.
AN IMPORTANT POINT
At Planetek Italia results are more important than time and our respect for people takes priority over their skills. Passion and responsibility are the qualities we value in our employees while ethics, professionalism, and availability are the elements that distinguish our work philosophy.
Choose us if you think that a company like Planetek offers you the opportunity to work with enthusiasm and if you believe you can make an important contribution toward developing a strategic segment for our company.
With us, you will be free to think, dream and work.
Your office will be located in Bari, Italy, but you can choose to work most of your time remotely.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Planetek Italia, we know that great work isn't done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate.
We believe our people should continuously acquire knowledge and skills, so we are willing to provide you with everything that can help you grow: books, workshops, conferences, and training. Once we get to know each other, we will define your salary package together while also considering your needs.
Planetek Italia is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position, regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
OK, ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Let us know who you are, what you've accomplished so far in your career and your goals for the near future. Along with your CV, please provide us with a short note in reply to the following two questions:
- Why would you like to bet on a SME like Planetek Italia?
- Why should we bet on you?
Write us, exclusively in English at: agricultural.geoservices.spec @ planetek.it (remove blank spaces). If your profile matches the one we’re looking for, we will contact you to get to know you better.
Please use the following reference in the subject of your email: Ref. Agricultural GeoServices Specialist