The Living Planet Symposium 2019 (LPS19), held in Milan, Italy, from 13-17 May is one of world's most important conferences dedicated to satellite Earth Observation, and organized every three years by the European Space Agency (ESA).
Planetek Italia joined the event as a sponsor and organizer of the "Back to the FutureEO" Conference, co-organized with ESA and EARSC. Planetek was present in Milan with a booth and with some scientific presentations highlighting its recent innovations in Earth Observation.
Attracting thousands of scientists and data users, ESA's Living Planet Symposia are amongst the biggest Earth observation conferences in the world. This symposium focuses on how Earth Observation contributes to science and society, and how disruptive technologies and actors are changing the traditional Earth Observation landscape, which is also creating new opportunities for public and private sector interactions.
Planetek presentations and posters:
- SCIRES - Supporting Critical Infrastructures Resilience from Space
- Coastal Eutrophication estimation for SDG 14: innovative algorithm and novel provision approach based on exploitation of large EO time series and a cloud-based application platform
- SDGs’ indicators and master plan monitoring Urban Dynamic (Goal 11)
- PEEREO: Peer to Peer secure EO distributed edge cloud processing
- Detection of building exploiting multiple classification approaches in VHR images
- AI4EO - Secured Space Edge-Running Interchangeable AI for Earth Observation
- RPASinAir – Insertion of Remotely Piloted Aircraft System in non-segregated airspace for innovative civil services
- A Cloud-based platform for geo-analytics production from big satellite data: Rheticus®
Agenda of Planetek poster and oral presentations at LPS19
"Back to the FutureEO" Conference
Thursday, 16 May 2019, h 16,00 – 19,00, Agorà Giardino.
The "Back to the FutureEO" session was organized by Planetek Italia, as part of its 25 years anniversary celebration agenda, and co-organized with ESA and EARSC.
Starting from "the PAST" and moving towards "the FUTURE” of Earth Observation, the conference hosted inspirational talks from ESA, EARSC, Planetek and industry leaders. A journey inside Planetek’s 25 years of experience in EO and cooperation with ESA, and a glance at the most recent developments on geo-analytics, Artificial Intelligence, block chain, Sustainable Development Goals and satellite onboard data handling and services development.
A round table led by EARSC hosted industry representatives to illustrate experiences and challenges concerning the future of Earth Observation. ESA D-EOP, Josef Aschbacher, held closing speech of the conference.
Read more about the Conference and download the agenda
Symposium & Conference Report
Watch the registration on Youtube
Planetek booth at LPS19
Visitors of Planetek booth had the opportunity to discover the SpaceStream and Info-as-a-Service concepts, Planetek's way to imagine, design and develop disruptive solutions changing the way geospatial information is provided to users. A champion in this field is the award winning Rheticus® cloud-based platform, which delivers EO based geoanalytics to several industries. Living Planet Symposium 2019 website: https://lps19.esa.int/