Vision & Mission
To enable people to act in an aware and timely manner in order to live better and preserve the earth. We simplify the adoption of geospatial data in order to understand the world better.
Planetek Italia is an Italian SME (Small and Medium Enterprise), established in 1994, which employs 50 men and women, passionate and skilled in Geoinformatics, Space solutions, and Earth science.
We provide solutions to exploit the value of geospatial data through all phases of data life cycle from acquisition, storage, management up to analysis and sharing.
We operate in many application areas ranging from environmental and land monitoring to open-government and smart cities, and including defence and security, as well as scientific missions and planetary exploration.
The main activity areas are:
- Satellite, aerial and drone data processing for cartography and geo-information production;
- Continuous monitoring with satellite data of Earth’s surface, infrastructures, work sites, urban dynamics or marine coastal areas in support of decision-making and operational activities
- Design and development of Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDI) for geospatial data archive, management and sharing;
- Design and development of real-time geo-location based solutions, through positioning systems such as GPS/Galileo/GNSS and indoor location systems;
- Development of software for the satellite on-board data and image processing and for ground segment infrastructures.
Planetek Italia is also a dealer of Hexagon Geospatial / Intergraph software and a data provider of satellite images.
The Planetek group consists of four companies based in Italy and Greece and is active in both national and international markets.
Planetek Italia is structured in Strategic Business Unit (SBU) focused on different markets: Government & Security, SpaceStream, Business to Business.
Interview on Euronews