Vision & Mission
To enable people to act in an aware and timely manner in order to live better and preserve the Earth. We simplify the adoption of geospatial data in order to understand the world better.
Planetek Italia is an Italian Benefit Company established in 1994, which employs 100+ women and men, passionate and skilled in Geoinformatics, Space solutions, and Earth science.
We provide solutions to exploit the value of geospatial data through all phases of data life cycle from acquisition, storage, management up to analysis and sharing.
We operate in many application areas ranging from environmental and land monitoring to open-government and smart cities, and including defence and security, as well as Space exploration and EO satellite missions.
The main activity areas are:
- Satellite, aerial and drone data processing for cartography and geo-information production;
- Continuous monitoring with satellite data of Earth’s surface, infrastructures, work sites, urban dynamics or marine coastal areas in support of decision-making and operational activities;
- Design and development of Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDI) for geospatial data archive, management and sharing;
- Design and development of real-time geo-location based solutions, through positioning systems such as GPS/Galileo/GNSS and indoor location systems;
- Development of software for the satellite on-board data and image processing and for ground segment infrastructures.
Planetek Italia is also Diamond Dealer of Hexagon Geospatial software and a data provider of satellite images.
The Planetek group consists of four companies based in Italy and Greece and is active in both national and international markets.
Planetek Italia is structured in Strategic Business Unit (SBU) focused on different markets: Government & Security, SpaceStream, Business to Business.
Read more about us:
- Our commitment as a Benefit Company and our Sustainability Report.
- Our certifications and our commitments as an Innovative SME.
Interview on Euronews: Copernicus as an opportunity for European SME companies
Future EO value Chain - Giovanni Sylos Labini (Living Planet Symposium 2019)
Planetek Italia Company Profile on Scribd (download it here as PDF)