The event, led by the Aerospace Technological District (DTA), currently sees among its organizers the Apulia Region, ITA (Italian Trade Agency), ASI (Italian Space Agency), ENAC (National Agency for Civil Aviation), Aeroporti di Puglia (AdP), ARTI (Regional Agency for Technology and Innovation) and Puglia Sviluppo, with the partnership of Leonardo and Intesa Sanpaolo.
Planetek Italia was invited as a member of the Technological Aerospace Cluster (DTA scarl) to showcase the Apulian expertise in Aerospace / Earth observation sector, and is involved in different value chain activities related to the Earth observation satellite and drone / UAV applications, such as:
- Space Mission Analysis and Design;
- Development of software for on-board payload data processing and for ground segment infrastructures for both EO and planetary missions;
- Software for Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) and Satellite Telemetry Monitoring;
- Space Weather;
- Cyber security in UAS missions;
- Satellite, aerial and drone data-driven geoanalytics and geoinformation services in the field of urban planning, civil protection and emergency response, marine coastal monitoring and protection, security and defence, as well as in the markets of utilities, energy, transport and infrastructures (Rheticus Geoanalytics and information as a service);
- Real-time geo-location based solutions, through positioning systems such as GPS/Galileo/GNSS and indoor location systems;
- Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDI) INSPIRE compliant for geospatial data archive, management and sharing.
The event is also promoted by the Ministry of Economic Development (MISE), Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI), Italian Trade Agency (ICE/ITA), in the frame of the activities devoted to the promotion and the sustainable development of the area around Taranto, in Apulia region.
At the centre of the initiative is the role of start-up and innovative SMEs in the aerospace field, in particular in the advanced mobility and smart cities sector with a focus on unmanned platforms, infrastructures for the control and management of airspace and space technologies applied to drones (Earth observation, telecommunications and integrated applications, satellite navigation and global positioning).
The Mediterranean Aerospace Matching event intends to offer a platform to Italian and European start-ups and innovative SMEs to meet the key players of the aerospace industry and international investors for exchange and business opportunities.
The event will focus on issues related to the role of space in the National Recovery and Resilience Plan, advanced air mobility, smart cities and drones, sustainability and space economy.
During the three days there, participants can follow live drones demonstrations aiming to highlight the benefits that these emerging technologies bring to citizens.
The event will take place in hybrid format.