From 15-17 March 2016 in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain, it will be held the conference on the Big Data from Space 2016 - BiDS'16.
The event is organized by ESA, EUSC and CCR to bring together researchers, engineers and users who work in the field of big data from space.
Big Data from Space refers to the massive spatio-temporal Earth and Space observation data collected by space-borne and ground based sensors. Authors and participants will share knowledge, skills and discuss all aspects related to data volume, velocity, variety, veracity and value.
Planetek Italia participates with a presentation on its latest developments on "Fusion of Earth observation and INSPIRE data for the environmental monitoring". (Download and read our paper here)
The main objectives of the conference are:
- Identify priorities for research, technological development and innovation;
- Extend the capabilities and skills of universities, research institutes, laboratories, small and medium enterprises and industrial players;
- Promote the networking of experts and users for improved access and sharing of data, tools and resources;
- Stimulate innovation, spin-ins and spin-off technologies and enterprise development arising from the research and progress in the industry;
- Enhance and promote the value resulting from the huge amount of data made available today (and in the future);
- EO contribute to innovation in Europe, as one of the main pillars of the strategy of development of the ground segment.
To know more, visit the Coastal-TEP website