ABOUT THE COMPANY
We simplify the adoption of geospatial data to understand better the world and enable people to act in an aware and timely manner to live better and preserve the Earth.
Planetek Italia operates in many fields of application ranging from environmental and land monitoring to open-government and smart cities, including defense and security as well as scientific missions and planetary exploration.
We provide solutions and products for Earth observation with satellite, aircraft, and drone data. We deal with the continuous monitoring with satellite data of Earth’s surface, infrastructures, worksites, urban dynamics, or marine coastal areas in support of decision-making and operational activities. We develop on-board software for satellites and data processing solutions for ground segment infrastructures. Our involvement in research and development activities supports the human exploration of the solar system. We develop Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) in compliance with INSPIRE as well as solutions for Smart City and complex systems to support decisions that exploit geographic information and Earth observation data, according to the new paradigms of Cloud and Software As a Service.
Our focus on innovation has recently generated Rheticus®, a cloud platform designed to provide accurate data and real-time information about our changing world for the public and private sectors working to preserve our planet and improve the quality of our lives. This new type of service has led to a decisive transformation of the business model in geo-information services and today represents the synthesis of Planetek Italia’s skills and ability in producing high value-added services.
THE CHALLENGE OF A “GEOSERVICES PROJECT MANAGER” AT PLANETEK ITALIA.
We have an exciting role in the capacity of a GEOSERVICES PROJECT MANAGER to ensure the project management and development of the Earth observation services both at the national and international level. At Planetek Italia, everybody contributes and works together to constantly push the limits to build something great. The pace is fast, the work is innovative and this allows everyone the opportunity to explore new roles and responsibilities.
As a GEOSERVICES PROJECT MANAGER, your mission will be the management and the development of geospatial/remote sensing projects, and of customer relations. We are seeking self-starting individuals with a “can-do” attitude who can adapt to a fluid work environment and a demanding schedule. In return, you will be able to be part of a motivated, highly skilled team and will be able to contribute to the growth and positive direction of our company.
- Manage the project management activities of both small and large national and international projects in the field of Earth Observation services;
- Provide expert level project management to document and manage project tasks, coordinate and manage project schedules, identify and manage/mitigate project risks, manage resources required for projects, and coordinate to bring assigned projects to completion on time, within the cost, and within specifications;
- Establishing appropriate project/task/deliverable reviews and oversight to ensure technical quality, product delivery, and impactful work;
- Prepare the technical proposals for the tenders;
- Prepare and deliver all reports on time;Interact with customers and partners to ensure coordination of tenders and project activities.
- Demonstrated ability to process, analyze, and model in enterprise geospatial software applications;
- Demonstrated experience in providing assistance and consultation on assessing requirements; developing scopes of work; identifying constraints, estimating effort level; coordinating contract staff resources and reporting accomplishments;
- Demonstrated experience in assessing priorities, balancing workloads, and allocating staff resources effectively;
- Demonstrated expertise in preparing publications, technical reports, and technical offers for participation in tenders;
- Experience in communicating and coordinating effectively with a variety of stakeholders and partners;
- An essential condition is also the mastery of English. Knowledge of Italian is also required.
ANOTHER IMPORTANT POINT
At Planetek Italia results are more important than time and our respect for people takes priority over their skills. Passion and responsibility are the qualities we value in our employees while ethics, professionalism, and availability are the elements that distinguish our work philosophy.
Choose us if you think a company like Planetek offers you the opportunity to work with enthusiasm and if you believe you can contribute to developing a strategic segment for our company. We are looking for people who bring ideas to the table, aren't afraid to take initiative, can offer a helping hand to their colleagues when it's needed, provide thought leadership on innovations in EO and care deeply about our values and philosophies.
Your office will be located in Bari (Italy), but you will be able to work most of your time remotely. You can also travel around Europe.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Planetek Italia, we know that great work isn't done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We believe our people should continuously acquire knowledge and skills, so we are willing to provide you with everything that can help you grow: books, workshops, conferences, and training. Once we get to know each other, we will define your salary package together while also considering your needs.
What we can promise is opportunities, it will be up to you to make the most of them.
Planetek Italia is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position, regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
OK, ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Tell us who you are, what you've accomplished so far in your career, and what your goals are for the near future.
Along with your CV, please provide us with a short note in reply to the following two questions:
- Why would you like to bet on innovative SMEs like Planetek?
- Why should Planetek bet on you?
Write us, exclusively in English, at: geoservices.pm @ planetek.it (remove blank spaces). If your profile matches the one we’re looking for, we will contact you to get to know you better. Rif. Subject: GeoServices Project Manager.