WHAT WILL I DO AS A “GEOSERVICES PROJECT MANAGER” AT PLANETEK HELLAS?
Founded in 2006, Planetek Hellas provides solutions in the field of Geomatics, involving the use of EO data and systems for environmental & critical infrastructure monitoring, urban planning, civil protection and security.
Planetek Hellas is involved in the research and in the analysis of new techniques, which process and integrate remote sensing information with state of the art technologies of now days such as HPC, AI and Internet.
The company is also active in the field of promotion of Earth Observation and Cosmic Exploration data exploitation and pursues close relations with Education and Research Organizations inside and outside Greece.
The company has in its portfolio a variety of successful contracts with European Space Agency, through which it has acquired in-depth knowledge of the Agency’s procedures and high quality requirements.
Planetek Hellas is also very active in R&D, participating in many research European (FP7, HORIZON) and National Projects.
The expertise of Planetek Hellas has led the company to strengthen its specific skills related to:
- Earth Observation and Space Astronomy satellite data management, together with processing for both on-board and on ground deployments.
- Data fusion procedures for Earth Observation and Space Astronomy value added products and service deliveries.
- Spatial Data Infrastructure platform for delivery, dissemination and exploitation of geospatial products with a time-tested competence in INSPIRE compliant web deployments.
- Development of software for the satellite on-board data and image processing. In specific Planetek Hellas has developed a solution for the on-board compression and cloud classification, using a patented technique that achieves high compression ratios and low data distortion, while keeping a limited computation complexity.
As GEOSERVICES PROJECT MANAGER your mission will be the project management, the project development of geospatial/remote sensing projects and the management of customers/partners relations. We are seeking self-starting individuals with a “can-do” attitude who can adapt to a fluid work environment and an demanding schedule. In return, you will be able to be part of a motivated, highly skilled team and will be able to contribute to the growth and positive direction of our company.
- Provide expert level project management to document and manage project tasks, coordinate and manage project schedules, identify and manage/mitigate project risks, manage resources required for projects and coordinate in order to bring assigned projects to completion on time, within cost, and within specifications;
- Establishing appropriate project/task/deliverable reviews and oversight to ensure technical quality, product delivery and impactful work;
- Prepare the technical proposals for the tenders;
- Prepare and deliver all reports on time;
- Interact with customers and partners to ensure coordination of tenders and projects activities.
- Demonstrated ability to process and analyze Earth Observation data in enterprise geospatial software applications; Experience in the Emergency domain will be considered positively;
- Demonstrated experience in providing assistance and consultancy on assessing requirements; developing scopes of work; identifying constraints; estimating effort level; coordinating contract staff resources and reporting accomplishments;
- Demonstrated experience in assessing priorities, balancing workloads, and allocating staff resources effectively;
- Demonstrated expertise in preparing publications, technical reports, and technical offers for participation in tenders;
- Experience in communicating and coordinating effectively with a variety of stakeholders and partners;
- A necessary condition is also the mastery of English and it’s also preferable Italian language knowledge.
ANOTHER IMPORTANT POINT:
For us at Planetek Hellas results are more important than time and our respect for people takes priority over their skills. Passion and responsibility are the qualities we value in our employees while ethics, professionalism and availability are the elements that distinguish our work philosophy.
Choose us if you think that a company like Planetek offers you the opportunity to work with enthusiasm and if you believe you can make an important contribution toward developing a strategic segment for our company.
Your office will be located in Athens and you will often work at our headquarter in Bari, Italy. You will also travel often around Europe.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We believe our people should continuously acquire knowledge and skills, so we are willing to provide you with everything that can help you grow: books, workshops, conferences, and training. We welcome new teammates from every part of the world. Once we get to know each other, we will define your salary package together while also considering your needs.
OK, I'M INTERESTED...
Tell us who you are, what you've accomplished so far in your career and what your goals are for the near future.
Along with your CV, please provide us with a short note in reply to the following two questions:
- * Why would you like to bet on innovative SMEs like Planetek?
- * Having joined the company, what would be your first recommendation for a change or improvement?
Write us, exclusively in English, at: jobs @ planetek.gr (remove blank spaces). If your profile matches the one we’re looking for, we will contact you to get to know you better.
Rif. Subject: GeoServices Project Manager.