ABOUT THE COMPANY
We simplify the adoption of geospatial data in order to understand better the world and enable people to act in an aware and timely manner to live better and preserve the Earth.
Planetek Italia operates in many fields of application ranging from environmental and land monitoring to open-government and smart cities, including defense and security as well as scientific missions and planetary exploration.
We provide solutions and products for Earth observation with satellite, aircraft and drone data. We develop on-board software for satellites and data processing solutions for ground segment infrastructures. Our involvement in research and development activities supports human exploration of the solar system. We develop Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) in compliance with INSPIRE as well as solutions for Smart City and complex systems to support decisions that exploit geographic information and Earth observation data, according to the new paradigms of Cloud and Software-As-a-Service.
Planetek Italia is an expert partner in the supply, in addition to satellite images, of added value services and data, obtained by merging different sources through automatic and photo-interpretation processing techniques, useful for supporting engineering companies in their activities.
Here some examples of what Planetek does to assist Business to Business users through remote sensing:
- Monitoring of ground surface movements & infrastructure stability (Rheticus® Displacement);
- 3D surfaces modelling and reconstruction (Digital Elevation Models) (Preciso® zeta);
- Production of land use / land coverage maps (Preciso® land);
- Creation and updating of cartographic layers;
- Vegetation / imperviousness / urbanization / urban heat islands / soil sealing maps – indexes;
- Submerged vegetation mapping;
- Oil spill from natural and/or anthropic sources: detection and analysis;
- Bathymetric analysis.
Our focus on innovation has recently generated Rheticus®, a cloud platform designed to provide accurate data and real-time information about our changing world for the public and private sectors working to preserve our planet and improve the quality of our lives. This new type of service has led to a decisive transformation of the business model in geo-information services and today represents the synthesis of Planetek Italia’s skills and ability in producing high value-added services.
WHAT WILL YOU DO AS A “GEOSERVICES TECHNICAL ASSISTANT” AT PLANETEK ITALIA?
As GEOSERVICES TECHNICAL ASSISTANT your mission will be to participate in the development of innovative applications and services to support geospatial/remote sensing projects which require the understanding and elaboration of remote sensing data through EO/GIS software or developing ad-hoc tools.
We are seeking self-starting individuals with a “can-do” attitude who can adapt to a fluid work environment and a high demanding schedule. In return, you will be able to be part of a motivated, highly skilled team and will be able to contribute to the growth and positive direction of our company.
- Provide technical capabilities to manage project tasks, identify and manage/mitigate project risks, bring assigned tasks to completion on time, within cost and technical specifications;
- Cooperate to establishing appropriate project/task/deliverable reviews and oversight to ensure technical quality, product delivery and impactful work;
- Cooperate to create technical proposals for tenders and offers;
- Provide technical contribution to pre-sales and sales activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities (minimum requirements):
- Understanding of GIS and Earth Observation concepts, such as projections, data management, formats and metadata;
- Demonstrable knowledge of GIS and EO techniques for processing and analyzing geospatial datasets, in particular satellite derived imagery;
- Capability to work on your own initiative as well as within a team and to make a contribution into applied techniques and processes;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- An essential condition is also the mastery of English.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Experience with EO / GIS software applications, such as ERDAS Imagine, QGIS and ArcGIS;
- Knowledge of scripting programs and spatial libraries, such as Python and Matlab.
ANOTHER IMPORTANT POINT
At Planetek Italia results are more important than time and our respect for people takes priority over their skills. Passion and responsibility are the qualities we value in our employees while ethics, professionalism and availability are the elements that distinguish our work philosophy.
Choose us if you think that a company like Planetek offers you the opportunity to work with enthusiasm and if you believe you can make an important contribution toward developing a strategic segment for our company.
Your office will be located in Bari, Italy.
WHAT WE OFFER
We believe our people should continuously acquire knowledge and skills, so we are willing to provide you with everything that can help you grow: books, workshops, conferences and training. Flexibility is one of the values we believe in. Once we get to know each other, we will define your salary package together while also considering your needs.
OK, ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Tell us who you are, what you've accomplished so far in your career and what your goals are for the next future.
Along with your CV, please provide us with a short note in reply to the following two questions:
- * Why would you like to bet on innovative SMEs like Planetek?
- * Why should Planetek bet on you?
Write us, exclusively in English, at geoservices.assistant @ planetek.it (remove blank spaces)
If your profile matches the one we’re looking for, we will contact you to get to know you better.
Rif. Subject: GeoServices Technical Assistant