The research and development activities and the training of its own staff are the strength of Planetek Italia. The development of modern solutions and the application of advanced technologies to satisfy the specific demands of customers, constitute the foundations of the company's mission.
Planetek Italia deals with the research of new applications about satellite remote sensed images, the development of Geographic Information Systems and the integration of informative sources and technologies.
This business strategy is supported by a continuous investment in the improvement of the company's and its employees' know-how, together with the most advanced techniques of Knowledge Management. Moreover, the flexible organization of the company and a competent use of ICT technologies, allow to combine talent and creativity with technology and competence, giving solutions that always fit the technological tendencies, respecting the functional character of systems.
Research is realized within programs started by the European Community, the European Space Agency and the Italian Space Agency. To be involved in the international market of the research guarantees our company a constant and dynamic growth, besides facilitating the exchanges and relationships with international partners. Planetek Italia, in order to realize its Research and Development programs, has developed a lot of initiatives with Universities and Research Centers to make common plans of operational research.
Relationships have been established with:
- GISIG, (Geographical Information Systems International Group), Genova
- IIASS (Istituto Internazionale Alti Studi Scientifici) "E.R. Caianello", Vietri sul Mare, Salerno
- ISUFI (Ist. Sup. Universitario di Formazione Interdisciplinare) - Lecce
- IUAV, Corso di Laurea e Master in SIT, Ist. Univ. di Architettura di Venezia
- Politecnico di Bari, Dip. di Architettura ICAR e Fac. di Ingegneria
- Scuola di specializzazione elaborazione immagini e segnali, Fac. di Scienze MM.FF.NN., Univ. degli Studi di Bari
- Technapoli Parco Tecnologico, Napoli
- Tecnopolis CSATA SCrl, Parco Tecnologico, Valenzano, Bari
- Università degli Studi della Basilicata
- Università degli studi di Bari (Vari istituti): Dip. di Biologia Marina, Dip. di Geologia e Geofisica, Fac. di Economia e Commercio, Dip. di statistica, Fac. di Agraria, Dip. PROGESA Fac. di Veterinaria
- Università degli Studi di Trento, Facoltà di Ingegneria
- Università degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata"
Planetek Italia is a founder member of AIPAS (Italian Space SMEs Association), member of EARSC (the European Association of Remote Sensing Companies), and is a member of Italian Association AIT. Planetek Italia is also member of AZIMUTH Consortium for the realization of the GALILEO system. In 2010 joined the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) as an Associate Member. (http://www.opengeospatial.org/ogc/members)